How awesome does this look?
I love those meals that come together in one pan.
Love the ingredients, the spices . . . we are a chili-loving family and have been looking for new chili recipes that include black beans. My favorite way of enjoying chili is with macaroni!
Can't wait to try this recipe . . .
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium, finely diced red onion
- 1/2 green pepper, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound (500 g), ground beef
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 15 oz (400 g) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 6 oz (140 g) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup corn, canned, drained
- 1 15 oz (400 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Heat the oil over medium low heat and add the onions and pepper. Cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute or two.
Increase the heat to medium high and add the ground beef, breaking it up well and cook until browned.
Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne and salt and pepper and mix well.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, corn, beans and macaroni - mix well.
Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is just tender.
Stir in half of the cheese.
Transfer to baking dish unless using an ovenproof skillet.
Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and put in the top third of your oven with the broiler on 400 F (200 C), allow the cheese to brown, then serve.