Seems like Red Velvet Cakes, Cupcakes and Cookies
have been all the rage lately.
Here are two recipes with a twist to the Red Velvet craze . . .
mini cheesecakes from Betty Crocker and Sally's Baking Addiction.
- chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 4 1/2
- tablespoons butter, melted
- teaspoon corn syrup or honey
- packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- cup granulated sugar
- teaspoons vanilla
- tablespoons red food color
- cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- cup Original Bisquick® mix
- cup milk
- cups whipping cream
- tablespoons powdered sugar
- Chocolate shavings, if desired
- In small bowl, mix Crust ingredients. Divide crumb mixture among cups. Using fingertips, firmly press in bottom of each cup, making sure crumbs are firmly packed.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and food color. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until well blended. Add cocoa and Bisquick mix, and beat until there are no more streaks and batter looks chocolaty. Pour in milk, and beat until smooth and creamy. Divide batter evenly among cups (cups will be almost full).
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until centers are firm. Cool 15 minutes (cheesecake centers will sink while cooling). Refrigerate in pan at least 45 minutes. In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream on medium speed 30 seconds; gradually increase speed to high, and beat until stiff peaks form. During last minute, beat in powdered sugar.
- Remove cheesecakes from refrigerator and, using butter knife, gently pop them out of pan. Carefully remove wrappers, and top each chilled cheesecake with large dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings. Serve chilled.