Corn flake and almond topping sounds yummy! I also love the combination of all the ingredients. Water chestnuts along with the topping provides lots of crunch. Another one of those "comfort food" chicken meals!
This recipe comes from one of my favorite recipe sources, The Taste of Home. I still refer to my treasured collection of annual cookbooks that I've had forever.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
Toss cornflakes with butter; sprinkle over cheese. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.