Mr. Food's website has one of the best concepts for recipes around, in my opinion. However, this is one of those recipes that I would use only as a guide.
For one thing, instant rice is a big no-no in our kitchen and I hate it with a passion. Whether you use it or not if you try this recipe is up to you . . . everyone has different tastes. I've also discovered that fresh mushrooms always make a dish so much better.
You can make this versatile dish as semi-homemade as you have time for!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2-stick) butter, melted and divided
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 (4-1/2-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
Source: Mr. Food