Making your own salad dressing is an awesome idea! While it is so easy to pick up a bottle of premade Blue Cheese Salad Dressing, which is my favorite, the blue cheese flavor is always a bit too strong for me and I usually end up mixing it with mayonnaise. Can't wait to try Mr. Food's recipe so I can control what goes into the dressing!
This recipe is part of a series of 31 homemade salad dressing recipes on Mr. Food's website. The link is at the bottom of the page!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the blue cheese; whisk until smooth.
- Add blue cheese and stir to mix well. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.