Love this basic recipe from Mr. Food for egg rolls that leaves lots of room for variation like substituting pork, chicken or crab for the shrimp.
Makes: 1 dozen
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 (14-ounce) can bean sprouts, well drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can shrimp, drained and chopped
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 egg roll skins (see Note)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine bean sprouts, shrimp, scallions, celery, carrot, soy sauce, and ginger; mix well. Divide mixture equally in center of the egg roll skins.
- Brush edges of egg roll skins with beaten egg. Fold one corner over filling. Fold in 2 sides and roll up.
- Place on baking sheet and brush with vegetable oil.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
Source: Mr. Food