This recipe was one featured on Rhee's show on the Food Network, The Pioneer Woman this morning. Her description of this recipe as she was making it was making my mouth water!
I love anything with pasta, and pasta salad with mayonnaise is so delicious to me!
Rhee is becoming one of my favorite cooks . . . or is she considered a chef?
- 12 ounces, weight Mostaccioli
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 4 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Adobo Sauce From Chipotle Peppers (or One Minced Chipotle Pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 10 ounces, weight Grape Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise
- 1/2 pound Smoked Gouda Cheese, Cut Into Small Cubes
- 24 whole Basil Leaves (chiffonade)
Cook pasta until done. Drain and rinse in cold water until no longer hot. Set aside.
Mix mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, pepper, and adobo in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, stir together pasta, dressing, halved tomatoes, and cubed Gouda. Taste for seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if needed, and even an extra teaspoons or two of vinegar if necessary. Stir in basil at the end. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.