Romano's Macaroni Grill is one of my favorite restaurants!
After checking out the ingredient list, I can't wait to make this . . . shrimp and chicken with penne in a rich cream sauce spiked with marsala wine!
I don't think I will be able to wait for a special occasion to make this . . .
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 ounce pancetta or 1/2 ounce bacon
- 9 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 8 -12 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped pimiento
- 3 ounces butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1/2 pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
For Gratinata Sauce:
Saute butter, garlic, and rosemary until garlic begins to brown.
Add Marsala wine and reduce by one-third.
Add remaining ingredients, reduce by half of the original volume.
For Penne Rustica:
Saute pancetta until it begins to brown.
Add butter, shallots, and shrimp.
Cook until shrimp are evenly pink but still translucent.
Add chicken, salt, pepper, and mix thoroughly.
Add gratinata sauce and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
Simmer until sauce thickens.
In a large bowl, combine shrimp & chicken mixture with the cooked pasta.
Pour into a large casserole dish or roaster.
Top with remaining cheese, pimientos and sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 475 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove and garnish with fresh rosemary sprig.