Cheesecake recipes always grab my attention, but this recipe combines two favorites, cheesecake and sugar cookies. Love the concept! I have not made them yet, but once The Captain sees this recipe, it will be the next dessert on the list.
Makes 16 (2") Bars
- 1 favorite sugar cookie recipe, or 1 (17.5 oz) pkg sugar cookie mix in a pouch by Betty Crocker
- 1 small box (4 serving size) french vanilla instant pudding
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (packed)
- 1 stick melted butter = 1/2 cup
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs + plus 3 yolks
- 2 pkg (8oz) cream cheese @ room temperature
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/2 c white granulated sugar
- 2/3 c optional: toffee bits, (pulverized in a blender or food processor)
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Spray 9 X 13 baking pan with cooking spray
In medium bowl mix cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar and melted butter together.
Add 1 Tsp vanilla and 1 egg, blend with a spoon.
When dough begins to come together, use your hands to knead the dough then form into a ball.
Press dough into your baking dish, and slightly up the sides
In another large bowl, using your mixer, beat at room temperature . . . cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and the remaining egg and 3 yolks, add 2 tsp vanilla
Beat until smooth and creamy.
Spread this cream cheese mixture over top of the cookie dough in your pan.
BAKE 25-30 minutes until center is set.
While bars are baking . . . pulverize the toffee bits in blender
Sprinkle immediately over dish as removed from the oven and still hot.
Let cool . . . 30-45 minutes
Cover then place in refrigerator at least 3 hours or overnight.
Cut into 2-3 inch bars to serve.