Doesn't it look delicious?
I love the pairing of chicken and pasta for the economic
value of a delicious meal. Make this restaurant quality meal
at home for a fraction of what you would spend for your
family meal at Chili's.
Add a salad and some good bread for the perfect meal!
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, fresh shredded, to taste
Slightly moisten chicken with water.
In a large resealable plastic bag, shake chicken and cajun seasoning until chicken is thoroughly coated.
In large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter, over medium heat, turning whenever necessary.
When chicken is about half-way done, grab a second skillet and combine heavy cream, 2 tablespoons butter, and remainder of seasonings over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
When cream mixture begins to bubble, add the pasta and turn off heat. Stir well.
When chicken is cooked through, place on cutting board and slice into strips.
Spoon pasta and sauce onto large serving plates (2) and top with chicken, diced tomatoes, and Parmesan.