Back in the day when JR and I went to Disney World at least once a month, we so loved the Dole Whips at the Magic Kingdom that we would sometimes take a quick trip to there, get a Dole Whip and proceed to another park. They are so special and I have not seen them anywhere else!
Can't wait to go to Disney World with The Captain and introduce him to all the little things I love there . . . starting with a visit to the Dole Whip stand in Adventure Land at the Magic Kingdom!
Someone posted this photo on Pinterest, but did not include the recipe . . . so I went in search of a recipe . . . and I found two that would work for me since I don't have an ice cream maker.
- 2/3 cup pineapple chunk , partially frozen
- 1 cup real vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1Variation: 2 tablespoons frozen pineapple concentrate plus 1/4 cup or so water can be substituted for the pineapple juice.
- 2Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Please feel free to add or decrease the amount of juice/ice cream to get a consistency you prefer.
- Source: Food.com
2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE Crushed Pineapple
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/3 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, mini marshmallow or mini chocolate chips (optional)
Drain crushed pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.
Place crushed pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth.
Stir in cherries or marshmallow or chips . . . if desired.
Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags. Store bags flat in freezer. Freeze about 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.
Gently stir pineapple slush into whipped cream until just blended, in large bowl. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour.