One of my favorite chocolate candies :)
Makes: 2 1/2 dozen
Cooking Time: 5 min
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup (stick) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (10 ounces) jar stemmed maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 (11 ounces) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- In small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter, and milk; mix until stiff dough forms. Shape dough evenly around each cherry and place on baking sheet. Freeze 15 minutes, or until firm.
- In small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat until smooth. Remove coated cherries from freezer and dip each into the chocolate mixture, coating completely.
- Return to baking sheet and chill for 1 hour, or until chocolate is firm. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Source: Mr. Food
The Golden Box from Chocolate.com would make
an excellent gift for your favorite chocoholic!