Although I am not really into beef, this is one of
those dishes where I will make an exception.
Carne Asada is awesome with black beans
and rice . . . and don't forget some good bread.
- 1/4 cup original flavor seasoned rice vinegar
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- In a large resealable plastic storage bag, combine the rice vinegar, lime zest and juice, the olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and cilantro, if desired; mix well. Add the steaks to the bag, and seal. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the steaks, discarding any marinade, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Slice thinly and serve.
Source: Mr. Food