This bread is like little french bread pizzas!
Love the ingredient combination, but you know you can add or remove ingredients so it matches your family's tastes. I would add italian sausage and peppers.
This recipe comes from one of my favorite recipe sources, Taste of Home.
Perfect recipe for a beginner in the kitchen . . . quick and easy!
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
Combine the mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and onion.
Cut bread in half (lengthwise) and spread cheese mixture over cut sides.
Grill, covered, over indirect heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Slice and serve warm.
Yield: 10-12 servings
Originally published as Mushroom Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p37