This recipe is very similar to a simple sauce that I make. The difference is a tiny bit of brown sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes and a handful of parsley.
Make your own variation, adding ingredients you like. Throw it together and let the stove do all the work!
- 1 lb. pasta
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 28 oz. can whole plum tomatoes, chopped (reserve juices)
- Handful of basil leaves, chopped
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat one tablespoon of oil over medium heat in a saucepan large enough to hold the tomatoes. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute or until softened.
2. Add the rest of the oil to saucepan, then add tomatoes and the reserved liquid.
3. When sauce starts to simmer, lower heat to maintain a slow simmer for 45 minutes.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions.
5. Salt and pepper sauce to taste, toss in basil leaves, stir and pour over pasta. Top with grated cheese.