Shrimp pasta is my favorite meal ever. I must have a gazillion recipes posted for different variations. Well, here is another one that is a copycat version of Red Lobster's Shrimp Pasta.
Although I make this dish often at home, I always order it when we go out for dinner. What can I say? I love shrimp pasta with a passion!
Photo and recipe source
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (I added more!)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2/3 cup clam juice (or chicken broth)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; reduce heat to low. Simmer until garlic is tender.
Add shrimp and cook over medium-low heat until opaque. Remove, reserve liquid in pan.
Add clam juice (or chicken broth) and bring to a boil.
Add wine; cook over medium high heat for three (3) minutes, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to low; add cream, stirring constantly.
Add cheese, stirring until smooth. Cook until thickened.
Add shrimp back in to sauce. Heat thoroughly.
Add remaining ingredients except pasta.
Put pasta in a large bowl and pour sauce over pasta; toss gently to coat.
Serve with additional grated parmesan cheese.