Corn is one of my favorite foods, so naturally corn fritters are something I love. You will find many variations of the recipe on this blog!
This recipe comes from Mr. Food, whose recipes never let me down.
I can make a meal from a plate of these little jewels :)
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 (14-3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn (thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, or more as needed
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Add eggs and salsa; mix well. Stir in both corns.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil . Drop batter into hot skillet 1 tablespoonful at a time and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning fritters halfway through cooking. Remove to a covered platter.
Add another tablespoon oil to skillet. When hot, repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed, until all batter is used.
Photo and recipe source