Easy and delicious! I make a similar meal with alfredo sauce in a jar, which can be an alternative for this dish too.
What I love about this recipe is that it is made in one pan . . . the pasta cooks in the sauce! Love the concept :)
- 1 pouch (9 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy Parmesan basil cooking sauce
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (rotisserie, canned or leftovers)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup Progresso® Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
HEAT cooking sauce, 1 1/2 cups water, 1 T. butter, salt and pepper to boiling in large skillet.
STIR in pasta; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Stir in chicken and cheese.
TOP with tomato and bread crumbs. Serve immediately.