Love the combination of chocolate and caramel!
Don't these look awesome? The recipe and photo originates from Roxana's Home Baking, one of my favorite food blogs! You must check it out for more delicious recipes from Roxana.
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (56 grams) diced cold butter
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) sugar
- 1 cup (80 grams) cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (168 grams) melted butter
- 5 oz (1 small) can evaporated milk
- 14 oz caramels, unwrapped
- 1 1/2 cups (226 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12-14 extra caramels
Roxana's notes about this recipe . . . After you mix the cake mix with the evaporated milk and melted butter it yields around 3 cups. The recipe suggested to spread half of the dough in the baking pan and the remaining half to be used as a streusel topping. I think it would be better to reserve around 3/4 to 1 cup of dough for the topping to leave room for the caramel and chocolate to ooze out a little bit more.