- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrot, celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in the broth, chicken and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Add noodles; cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Recipe and Photo Source: Taste Of Home