I would have never thought adding cream cheese
to a pecan pie recipe, but it sounds delicious!
Can't wait to make this pie :)
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 egg. Beat at low speed until smooth; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat 3 eggs. Add remaining sugar, the corn syrup, and remaining vanilla; mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in pie crust. Sprinkle with pecans and slowly pour corn syrup mixture over pecans.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until center is set. Let cool, then refrigerate 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Source: Mr. Food