The perfect recipe for leftover chicken and those basic
pantry items. I always keep Bisquick on hand for making
quick biscuits or these type of recipes.
Make it light by substituting the "light" or "no-fat" versions
of ingredients like chicken soup, sour cream and milk.
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine soup, sour cream, and 1/2 cup ; mix well. Add chicken, vegetables, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, cornmeal, egg, and remaining 3/4 cup milk; mix well then spoon over mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until edges are golden and chicken is warmed through.
Source: Mr. Food